Call us now:
Services for Businesses
We are specialists in employment law
Our advice will allow you to run your business effectively and commercially within current legislation. We work with you to avoid claims but if you are dealing with a claim, Rosine has successfully defended some 40 Tribunal claims in the past four years undertaking the advocacy herself. Advising you on the day-to-day issues that arise during employment.
- Managing poor performance, absence and sickness issues.
- Working with you to avoid and/or handle disciplinary or grievance hearings.
- Guiding you through the redundancy and restructuring process – be it individual or large scale.
- Drafting, reviewing and updating employment documentation, such as contracts, handbooks and policies and procedures, including confidentiality and non-compete restrictions to ensure they are legally compliant and offer you the best possible protection.
- Answering queries on maternity/paternity leave and flexible working requests.
- Conducting investigations into allegations of discrimination, whistleblowing, harassment and victimization.
- Dealing with subject access requests under the Data Protection Act.
Termination of employment
- Negotiating dismissals and settlement agreements.
- Advising on confidentiality and post-termination restrictions.
- Handling Employment Tribunal claims – from case management to disclosure, witness statements and advocacy at hearings.
Personal Service: If you instruct larger firms your case may well be passed to more junior, less experienced, lawyers to carry out your work, often without your knowledge. Rosine will deal with each matter personally.
Flexibility: Rosine will also be available out of office hours should the matter be urgent.
We provide a variety of charging options allowing clients to control and budget for legal costs. Our working relationship will be tailored to your specific needs.
Value for money – even though our knowledge and expertise are comparable, due to being a sole practitioner and without the burden of excessive overheads our charging rates are typically at least 30% less than other employment solicitors. Our charging structure is completely transparent.
Free initial advice – whenever you face an employment issue, please call us. You may feel that you know how to deal with the issue but it is better to be safe than sorry. There are many traps lurking for the unwary and, with our knowledge and experience, those traps can be avoided. New clients will not be charged for the initial telephone advice. If the matter cannot be dealt with in the initial call, we will discuss our charges with you.
Employment retainer scheme – for a fixed monthly price, we can deal with an unlimited number of issues by telephone or e-mail.
Controlling costs – We recognise that a major reason for businesses not consulting solicitors is the fear of legal costs. We are open and transparent about our charges and will work with you to apply a charging structure that suits your business. In some cases, a fixed charge per hour (broken down into 6-minute units) is the most economical for your business or in others a fixed or capped charge might be appropriate. Where the charge is on an hourly rate you will be invoiced monthly so you can keep an eye on the costs that have been incurred. You will be provided with a detailed analysis of the time spent on your work.