Call us now:
Services for Individuals
We are specialists in employment law
Experience of working with large employers makes us uniquely placed to advise individuals. We know how employers think and operate. We, therefore, understand how to achieve the best possible solution to any issues you may have at work.
- We can review your employment documentation, such as your offer letter, your contract of employment and any bonus and commission plans. Advising you on where you may need additional protection and conducting negotiations with your employer on your behalf.
- Advising on confidentiality agreements, non-compete restrictions and restrictive covenants.
- Helping you through the disciplinary process if you are being accused of misconduct or poor performance by your employer.
- Advising you on how to deal with any grievances you may have at work and helping you draft formal grievance documents.
- Guiding you through the redundancy process.
- Advising you on the protection you have from discrimination.
- Answering queries on maternity/paternity leave and flexible working requests.
- We are authorised to advise you on the terms of your settlement agreement. We will advise you on negotiating exit strategies and termination packages.
Employment Tribunal Claims
- Advising you on the various employment claims you may have – such as unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and various forms of discrimination including for age, disability, race and sex.
- Drafting your Employment Tribunal claim.
- Drafting an appropriate subject access request under the Data Protection Act to allow you to review the information your employer holds about you.
- Handling your case in the Employment Tribunal – from case management to disclosure, witness statements and advocacy.
We provide a variety of charging options, allowing clients to control and budget for legal costs:
Value for money – even though our knowledge and expertise are comparable, due to being a sole practitioner with lower overheads our charging rates are typically 30% lower than specialist employment solicitors in the the surrounding area and 40-50% lower than specialist employment solicitors in the City of London. Our charging structure is completely transparent. We offer a range of fixed-price services and, a range of retainer schemes that are tailored to your requirements.
- Free initial advice – whenever you face an employment issue, please call us. There are many traps lurking for the unwary and, with our knowledge and experience, those traps can be avoided. You will not be charged for the initial telephone advice, If the matter cannot be dealt with in the initial call, we will discuss our charges with you.
- Employment claim insurance – You may have home insurance cover which also insures you for making a claim in relation to your employment.
- Pay as you go – Rosine recognises that a major reason for not consulting solicitors is the fear of legal costs. We are open and transparent about our charges and will work with you to apply a charging structure that suits your needs. In some cases, a fixed or capped charge might be appropriate. All matters are invoiced monthly so you can keep an eye on the costs that have been incurred. You will be provided with a detailed analysis of the time spent on your work.
Personal service – a common complaint from clients who use larger firms is that they are passed on to junior, less experience, employment lawyers to deal with their matter, often without their consent or even being asked beforehand. Rosine will deal personally with each matter for each client.
Flexibility – Rosine will also be available out of office hours should the matter be urgent.